Chelsea are considering whether to rival Arsenal for the signing of Morgan Schneiderlin after making a check on the Southampton midfielder last weekend.

Chelsea sent scouts to watch Southampton’s defeat at Everton, with Schneiderlin and Manchester United target Nathaniel Clyne understood to be the two players they were primarily watching.

Jose Mourinho has highlighted his midfield as an area to strengthen this summer and has already identified Paul Pogba and Koke as two of his top targets.


Schneiderlin impressed during Southampton's game against Chelsea

But Chelsea face stern competition for £74million-rated Juventus star Pogbafrom all of Europe’s biggest clubs, while Atletico Madrid’s Koke, who the Blues enquired about last summer, has told friends that his preference would be to stay in Spain.

Arsenal have been confident of landing Schneiderlin in the summer and are sure to make a bid for the Frenchman at the end of the season.

But having watched the 25-year-old in action at Goodison Park, Chelsea are weighing up whether to make a rival offer and leave Schneiderlin with a difficult decision to make.


Ronald Koeman can expect bids for many of his best players this summer

Schneiderlin had an excellent game in Chelsea’s 1-1 draw with Southampton at Stamford Bridge in March.

Having rejected a £10million bid for Schneiderlin from Tottenham Hotspur last summer, Southampton are aware that they are unlikely to hang on to him this time around with Champions League qualification now looking unlikely.

Southampton are likely to demand around £25m for Schneiderlin, who last month reiterated his desire to play in the Champions League by saying: “In August, I wanted to take a move but the club had lost too many players to agree to sell me.

“Since then I have had discussions with the leaders and I want to play at the highest level: it is important at 25 years old to finally know the Champions League.

“Given that, late in the season, Southampton may qualify for the Champions League and I can stay, who knows. I have no desire to be in front of my TV on Tuesday and Wednesday.”

Other than looking at his midfield, Mourinho also wants to sign at least one new defender with Real Madrid’s Raphael Varane at the top of his list.

Chelsea are also interested in England right-back Clyne, which would allow Branislav Ivanovic to move inside and play more as a central defender.

Clyne’s current Southampton contract only has just over a year to run, which has sparked interest from United, Liverpool and now Chelsea.

Mourinho has made it clear that he is looking for a few key additions this summer, rather than any major overhaul. One big player who could leave is Oscar, who, together with Ramires, is attracting interest from Juventus.

“Everything starts with the squad we have and the players we want to keep,” said Mourinho. “And in that regard there is not a big space for new faces. The new faces will be a couple and will be a consequence of what the market can dictate.

“The team is good, the players are good, basically good. I try to be loyal to players. They deserve that loyalty for what they're giving. Even if direct competitors come in with huge amounts to buy top players, if my squad gives everything and gives us the Premier League title, loyalty will be stronger than a desire to buy new players. I would think the squad would be very, very similar to this one.”

SOURCE: Telegraph

After a barrage of criticisms and invectives cast on players of Kumasi Asante kotoko following their 2-1 home loss to El-Eulma of Algeria in their CAF Champions league second leg tie, famous football witch-doctor, Malam Wenchi has ascribed Asante Kotoko’s loss to Alhaji Lamin’s reluctance to heed to directions he gave the Kotoko financier.

According to Malam Wenchi, he told some supporters of Kotoko about what he had seen in the realms of the spirits concerning their game against Eulma and he was told to contact Alhaji Lamin but when he did, the staunch Kotoko supporter played down his requests and demanded that he, the Malam, should properly introduce himself, among others.

“I spoke to some supporters of Kotoko about what I had seen concerning their game and one guy told me he will speak to Alhaji Lamin about it. I then called Alhaji and told him the things I would need to exorcise the looming defeat but he was reluctant to assist me to perform the rites. He asked me to come and introduce myself to him and things like that. He showed no urgency in what I told him so they took no action and that led to their defeat,” Malam Wenchi told happyghana.com.

He further spoke about how he called Togbe Afede of Hearts of Oak before their game against Ngor in Senegal and even gave him the score-line of the game. He indicated that Togbe Afede later called to thank him after Hearts had won the game in Senegal.

“I called Hearts of Oak’s Board Chairman, Togbe Afede and told him that they were going to lose against Inter-Allies but they will win their game against Olympique De Ngor. After the game, he called to thank me.” Malam Wenchi bragged.

He concluded that it will be wrong for anyone to blame the players of Kotoko for their loss against El-Eulma but they should rather channel their grievances towards the hierarchy of the club and vent their spleen on them for not acting on the information he gave them.

The players of Asante Kotoko have been the target of attritions after Kotoko were bundled out of the CAF Champions League, with some accusing them of watching too much pornography when they were supposed to rest.

By: happyghana.com/Isaac Asempah

 

 

Despite losing their CAF Champions League second leg tie to Algerian side El-Eulma in Kumasi, Asante Kotoko is reported to have bagged a whooping two hundred and sixty thousand cedis as proceeds from the gate.

This amount is the gross and several deductions would have to be made before Kotoko can lay hands on what is due them as the net.

Thousands of fans thronged the Baba Yara Stadium to offer their unflinching support to the Porcupine Warriors but they went home disappointed as their beloved club got bundled out of the competition after losing to their Algerian counterparts by two goals to one.

The management of the club have however offered an unqualified apology to the supporters of the club.

Happyghana.com/Isaac Asempah

 

 

The Tema police have arrested three persons suspected to have stolen dried cocoa beans valued at GH¢72,100. The suspects — Frederick Baako, 30, a security guard working at the Cocoa Marketing Company; Moses Amoah, 35, a driver, and John Essiaw, 43, also a driver — are assisting the police in their investigations.

Briefing

The Tema Regional Police Public Relations Officer, Assistant Superintendent of Police Ms Juliana Obeng, told the Daily Graphic that about 2:30 a.m. on Sunday, March 8, 2015, a police patrol team intercepted a KIA truck, with registration number GC 7088-11, carrying cocoa beans in the Tema Heavy Industrial Area.

She said the police patrol team requested for the waybill covering the cocoa beans and when it was produced, the police detected that it had no date on it.

The waybill also indicated that the cocoa had been despatched from Oda and its destination was the Takoradi Port.

Initial investigations 

Ms Obeng said initial investigations revealed that the truck was carrying 206 bags of dried cocoa beans belonging to the Cocoa Marketing Company, valued at GH¢72,100.

- See more at: http://graphic.com.gh/news/general-news/39774-tema-police-arrest-three-for-stealing-206-bags-of-cocoa.html#sthash.7ByFLC8q.dpuf

For about 10 years, Kiki Banson has acted in multiple capacities as far as Ghanaian musician-Becca is concerned—and apart from famously being Becca’s manager, it was alleged at a point that they had more than an ordinary working relationship going on.

GhanaCelebrities has learnt Kiki Banson and Becca have ended their working relationship and whatever there was to it in the minds of people. We reached out to Kiki Banson who confirmed the split; saying, everything that has a beginning must come to an end—and it is one of those things.

Kiki Banson and his EKB records had a 10 year contract with Becca; an agreement which ignited a controversy about two years ago when Becca’s father claimed Kiki fraudulently signed that contract with his daughter when she was a minor.
 
It seems like the 10 year contract has ended—and Becca has decided not to renew. We are told she is shopping for a new manager and a new record label to align her musical brand with.
 
Becca and Kiki made headlines a few years ago when Becca’s father alleged that Kiki had express a ‘weird’ intention to make the singer his wife—at the back of speculations that Kiki was messing with Becca while married and he ditched his wife so to be able to marry Becca.
 
Becca’s father even disowned her for this and he was reported to have said ; “Becca is no more my child and she can do whatever she pleases with her life. She is of no importance to me anymore. She is grown so if she thinks Kiki is the one she really wants to marry, she can go ahead and marry him. I have already disowned her.
 
I don’t care if the mother supports her or not. Looking at my health condition now, I wouldn’t want to do anything that will affect me and the rest of the family. Everything I gave her has been taken back. She is no more my child and will never be my child, not even when I’m dead.”
 
It became a media war with Kiki writing a long open letter to Becca’s father-Mr. Acheapong. 
 
For now, we can say what Kiki Banson and Becca never had just ended—officially!
 
 
GhanaCelebrities