• Latest
  • Trending

Man sentenced to 15 years imprisonment for stealing phone, GH¢ 220

February 6, 2017
Ghana Prisons Service denies viral claims about Agradaa

Ghana Prisons Service denies viral claims about Agradaa

August 31, 2025
Adansi Traditional Council urges govt to turn helicopter crash site into tourist centre

Adansi Traditional Council urges govt to turn helicopter crash site into tourist centre

August 31, 2025
Typhoid surge in Nkwanta North sparks urgent calls for clean water

Typhoid surge in Nkwanta North sparks urgent calls for clean water

August 31, 2025
Adutwum Joins Campaign Trail for NPP’s Solomon Asumadu in Akwatia

Adutwum joins campaign trail for NPP’s Solomon Asumadu in Akwatia

August 31, 2025
Gov’t cuts nursing trainee admission fees by 50% for 2025/2026 academic year

Gov’t cuts nursing trainee admission fees by 50% for 2025/2026 academic year

August 31, 2025
Daddy Lumba's One-Week Observation Draws Thousands to Black Star Square

Daddy Lumba’s one-week observation draws thousands to Black Star Square

August 31, 2025
Violence Erupts During Omanjor Homowo Festival

Violence erupts during Omanjor Homowo Festival

August 31, 2025
Education Ministry Debunks Fixed Aggregate SHS Placement Claim

Education Ministry debunks fixed aggregate SHS placement claim

August 30, 2025
2025–26 Champions League Draw: Ranking Every Club’s Schedule

2025–26 Champions League Draw: Ranking Every Club’s Schedule

August 29, 2025
2025 AFCON Q: Fit Thomas Partey excluded from Black Stars as Otto Addo names full squad for Niger and Angola clashes

2026 FIFA WCQ: Thomas Partey will be available for games against Chad and Mali-GFA

August 29, 2025
GPHA announces temporary road closure at Tema Port

GPHA announces temporary road closure at Tema Port

August 29, 2025
“Police Can Handle Akwatia By-Election, No Need for Military” – Nana B

“Police can handle Akwatia by-election, no need for military” – Nana B

August 29, 2025
Happy Ghana
Advertisement
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
    • International Sports
    • Afcon2017
    • Afcon2019
    • Corporate Knockout
    • U17 World Cup
    • World Cup 2018
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Bizarre
  • Feature
  • More
    • Technology
    • Opinion
    • Lifestyle
  • Listen Live
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
    • International Sports
    • Afcon2017
    • Afcon2019
    • Corporate Knockout
    • U17 World Cup
    • World Cup 2018
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Bizarre
  • Feature
  • More
    • Technology
    • Opinion
    • Lifestyle
  • Listen Live
No Result
View All Result
Happy Ghana
No Result
View All Result
Home Sports

Man sentenced to 15 years imprisonment for stealing phone, GH¢ 220

in Sports
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

An Accra Circuit has sentenced Awal Iddrisu to 15 years’ imprisonment in hard labour.
Awal who was put before the court for stealing one Infinix hot 4 mobile phone worth GH¢ 370.00 and an amount of GH¢ 220.00, pleaded guilty to the charge.

Sentencing, the court presided over by Mr Aboagye Tandoh said examination of the facts of the case indicated that the accused person had been engaging in the crime for a very long time and the police have also been on the lookout for him.
He convicted Awal on his own plea, saying the court having taken into consideration the fact that he attacked the victim with a knife and a machete, and also all the mitigating factors as well as the five days already spent in custody, the minimum sentence for the crime, would be deterrent enough.
He then sentenced the accused to 15 years in hard labour.
The facts of the case as presented by Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Patience Mario are that the complainant Daniel Nkrumah, trader resides at Nungua Ravico while the convict Awal Iddrisu, unemployed lives at Agbogbloshie.
She said Awal and his accomplices who are on the raider of the police usually come to Nungua near Abrefi spot to rob residents of their valuables.
She said at about 22:30 hours on January 22, the accused and three of his accomplices now at large wielding a shot cutlass attacked the complainant at the usual spot and robbed him of his Infinix hot note four mobile phone and cash of GHC 220.00.
The prosecution said on January 25, the complainant spotted the convict at the same spot and alerted his friends who assisted in arresting him to the police station.
The convict in his cautioned statement stated that he stole from the complainant and sold it to someone at Agbogbloshie.
Efforts are being made to arrest the receiver and retrieve the mobile phone.

Subscribe to receive notification everytime a new post is published. We promise to be discrete.

Unsubscribe
Previous Post

2 Black Stars players named in AFCON Team of the Tournament

Next Post

Police service sack 206 recruits over ‘fake’ certificates

Next Post

Police service sack 206 recruits over ‘fake’ certificates

Search

No Result
View All Result

Listen Live

Happy Kaseɛbɔ 600AM news bulletin
Happy Kaseɛbɔ 600AM news bulletin

BBC Match of the Day Africa

Happy Ghana

Recent News

  • Ghana Prisons Service denies viral claims about Agradaa
  • Adansi Traditional Council urges govt to turn helicopter crash site into tourist centre
  • Typhoid surge in Nkwanta North sparks urgent calls for clean water
  • About
  • advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

© 2025 Happy FM – Powered by Ghana’s leading radio network. Designed with passion by Global Media Alliance.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
    • International Sports
    • Afcon2017
    • Afcon2019
    • Corporate Knockout
    • U17 World Cup
    • World Cup 2018
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Bizarre
  • Feature
  • More
    • Technology
    • Opinion
    • Lifestyle
  • Listen Live

© 2025 Happy FM – Powered by Ghana’s leading radio network. Designed with passion by Global Media Alliance.