- This will be the first ever encounter between Poland and Senegal.
- Poland are unbeaten in their three games against African opposition at the World Cup (W1 D2).
- This is Poland’s eighth World Cup, but their first appearance since 2006.
- Poland have lost six of their last eight World Cup games (W2).
- They have also failed to keep a clean sheet in those last eight games.
- Poland have won only one of their seven opening games at the World Cup (D3 L3).
- Senegal have qualified for their second World Cup, after their inaugural participation in 2002 where they reached the quarter-finals.
- Senegal were unbeaten in their only previous group phase appearance at the World Cup (W1 D2).