• Latest
  • Trending
Coronavirus: First death outside China reported

Coronavirus: First death outside China reported

February 2, 2020
Fibre Repairs Drain Millions Ghana Needs for Digital Expansion

Fibre repairs drain millions Ghana needs for digital expansion

August 20, 2026
Fairtrade Africa Convenes Industry for Change Day 2026

Fairtrade Africa Convenes Industry for Change Day 2026

August 20, 2026
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold8 Now Available in Ghana

Samsung Begins Sale of Galaxy Z Fold8 on Ghana Market

August 20, 2026
Absa supports EUR 456 million financing for Genser Energy’s next phase of growth

Absa supports EUR 456 million financing for Genser Energy’s next phase of growth

August 20, 2026
Absa Prestige Banking team equips Buzstop Boys to support community clean-up work

Absa Prestige Banking team equips Buzstop Boys to support community clean-up work

August 20, 2026
National Youth Forum 2026 connects Ghana’s Youth to new opportunities

National Youth Forum 2026 connects Ghana’s Youth to new opportunities

August 20, 2026
National Youth Forum 2026: Youth Minister Restores Hope in Young People

National Youth Forum 2026: Youth Minister Restores Hope in Young People

August 20, 2026
NSA Accepts 2,120 Sports Essentials from Ghana-Anhui Chamber to Boost Constituency Games

NSA Accepts 2,120 Sports Essentials from Ghana-Anhui Chamber to Boost Constituency Games

August 20, 2026
Samsung Galaxy Watch Ultra2 and Watch9: Your Health Companion on the Wrist

Samsung Galaxy Watch Ultra2 and Watch9: Your Health Companion on the Wrist

August 20, 2026
George Opare Addo

Minister for Youth Development and Empowerment to Convene National Youth Forum 2026

August 17, 2026
Telecel rolls out Agent Loyalty Scheme to strengthen mobile money ecosystem

Telecel rolls out Agent Loyalty Scheme to strengthen mobile money ecosystem

August 17, 2026
Telecel Ghana Congratulates New KNUST VC on Appointment

Telecel Ghana Congratulates New KNUST VC on Appointment

August 17, 2026
Happy Ghana
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
    • International Sports
    • Afcon2017
    • Afcon2019
    • Corporate Knockout
    • U17 World Cup
    • World Cup 2018
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Bizarre
  • Feature
  • More
    • Technology
    • Opinion
    • Lifestyle
  • Listen Live
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
    • International Sports
    • Afcon2017
    • Afcon2019
    • Corporate Knockout
    • U17 World Cup
    • World Cup 2018
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Bizarre
  • Feature
  • More
    • Technology
    • Opinion
    • Lifestyle
  • Listen Live
No Result
View All Result
Happy Ghana
No Result
View All Result
Home News International News

Coronavirus: First death outside China reported

in International News
Coronavirus: First death outside China reported

Coronavirus: First death outside China reported

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

A man has died of the coronavirus in the Philippines in the virus’s first confirmed fatality outside China.

The patient was a 44-year-old Chinese man from Wuhan, in Hubei province, where the virus was first detected.

He appeared to have been infected before arriving in the Philippines, the World Health Organization said.

ADVERTISEMENT

More than 300 people have died in the outbreak so far, the vast majority from Hubei, and more than 14,000 people worldwide have been infected.

The man developed severe pneumonia after being admitted to a hospital in the capital Manila, the Philippines Department of Health said.

He arrived in the Philippines with a Chinese woman who had also tested positive for the virus, it added.

Rabindra Abeyasinghe, the WHO representative to the Philippines, said: “This is the first reported death outside China.

“However, we need to take into mind that this is not a locally acquired case. This patient came from the epicentre of this outbreak.”

The man’s death was confirmed shortly after the Philippines announced it would also immediately halt the arrivals of any foreign travellers from China.

It comes as countries around the world close their borders to people coming from China, as officials work to control the rapid spread of the virus.

The US and Australia have said they will deny entry to all foreign visitors who had recently been to China, where the 2019-nCov strain of the coronavirus first emerged in December.

Other countries including New Zealand, Russia, Japan, Pakistan and Italy have also announced similar travel restrictions.

Source: BBC

Tags: ChinaCoronavirusDeath

Subscribe to receive notification everytime a new post is published. We promise to be discrete.

Unsubscribe
Previous Post

Fernandes’ Man Utd debut ends in draw

Next Post

Albert and Comfort Ocran set to inspire thousands on Y Triangle

Next Post
Albert and Comfort Ocran set to inspire thousands on Y Triangle

Albert and Comfort Ocran set to inspire thousands on Y Triangle

Search

No Result
View All Result

Listen Live

Happy Kaseɛbɔ 600AM news bulletin
Happy Kaseɛbɔ 600AM news bulletin

BBC Match of the Day Africa

ADVERTISEMENT
Happy Ghana

Recent News

  • Fibre repairs drain millions Ghana needs for digital expansion
  • Fairtrade Africa Convenes Industry for Change Day 2026
  • Samsung Begins Sale of Galaxy Z Fold8 on Ghana Market
  • About
  • advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

© 2025 Happy FM – Powered by Ghana’s leading radio network. Designed with passion by Global Media Alliance.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
    • International Sports
    • Afcon2017
    • Afcon2019
    • Corporate Knockout
    • U17 World Cup
    • World Cup 2018
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Bizarre
  • Feature
  • More
    • Technology
    • Opinion
    • Lifestyle
  • Listen Live

© 2025 Happy FM – Powered by Ghana’s leading radio network. Designed with passion by Global Media Alliance.