• Latest
  • Trending
Coronavirus: First death outside China reported

Coronavirus: First death outside China reported

February 2, 2020
Education Ministry Debunks Fixed Aggregate SHS Placement Claim

Education Ministry debunks fixed aggregate SHS placement claim

August 30, 2025
2025–26 Champions League Draw: Ranking Every Club’s Schedule

2025–26 Champions League Draw: Ranking Every Club’s Schedule

August 29, 2025
2025 AFCON Q: Fit Thomas Partey excluded from Black Stars as Otto Addo names full squad for Niger and Angola clashes

2026 FIFA WCQ: Thomas Partey will be available for games against Chad and Mali-GFA

August 29, 2025
GPHA announces temporary road closure at Tema Port

GPHA announces temporary road closure at Tema Port

August 29, 2025
“Police Can Handle Akwatia By-Election, No Need for Military” – Nana B

“Police can handle Akwatia by-election, no need for military” – Nana B

August 29, 2025
Eight convicted for violence during Ablekuma North By-election

Eight convicted for violence during Ablekuma North By-election

August 29, 2025
Health Minister assures affected nurses of payment after salary delays

Health Minister assures affected nurses of payment after salary delays

August 29, 2025
South Africa to host first African G20 meeting

South Africa to host first African G20 meeting

August 29, 2025
Presidency reports Over GHS 3.5 million raised for Children of Helicopter crash victims

Presidency reports over GHS 3.5 million raised for children of helicopter crash victims

August 29, 2025
Education Ministry Debunks Fixed Aggregate SHS Placement Claim

GES dismisses reports of cut-off point for school placement

August 29, 2025
Akwatia by-election: Global InfoAnalytics projects Bernard Bediako to Win

Akwatia by-election: Global InfoAnalytics projects Bernard Bediako to win

August 29, 2025
Telecel Ghana Champions Purposeful Partnerships at 2025 Supplier Conference

Telecel Ghana champions purposeful partnerships at 2025 Supplier Conference

August 29, 2025
Happy Ghana
Advertisement
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
    • International Sports
    • Afcon2017
    • Afcon2019
    • Corporate Knockout
    • U17 World Cup
    • World Cup 2018
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Bizarre
  • Feature
  • More
    • Technology
    • Opinion
    • Lifestyle
  • Listen Live
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
    • International Sports
    • Afcon2017
    • Afcon2019
    • Corporate Knockout
    • U17 World Cup
    • World Cup 2018
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Bizarre
  • Feature
  • More
    • Technology
    • Opinion
    • Lifestyle
  • Listen Live
No Result
View All Result
Happy Ghana
No Result
View All Result
Home News International News

Coronavirus: First death outside China reported

in International News
Coronavirus: First death outside China reported

Coronavirus: First death outside China reported

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

A man has died of the coronavirus in the Philippines in the virus’s first confirmed fatality outside China.

The patient was a 44-year-old Chinese man from Wuhan, in Hubei province, where the virus was first detected.

He appeared to have been infected before arriving in the Philippines, the World Health Organization said.

More than 300 people have died in the outbreak so far, the vast majority from Hubei, and more than 14,000 people worldwide have been infected.

The man developed severe pneumonia after being admitted to a hospital in the capital Manila, the Philippines Department of Health said.

He arrived in the Philippines with a Chinese woman who had also tested positive for the virus, it added.

Rabindra Abeyasinghe, the WHO representative to the Philippines, said: “This is the first reported death outside China.

“However, we need to take into mind that this is not a locally acquired case. This patient came from the epicentre of this outbreak.”

The man’s death was confirmed shortly after the Philippines announced it would also immediately halt the arrivals of any foreign travellers from China.

It comes as countries around the world close their borders to people coming from China, as officials work to control the rapid spread of the virus.

The US and Australia have said they will deny entry to all foreign visitors who had recently been to China, where the 2019-nCov strain of the coronavirus first emerged in December.

Other countries including New Zealand, Russia, Japan, Pakistan and Italy have also announced similar travel restrictions.

Source: BBC

Tags: ChinaCoronavirusDeath

Subscribe to receive notification everytime a new post is published. We promise to be discrete.

Unsubscribe
Previous Post

Fernandes’ Man Utd debut ends in draw

Next Post

Albert and Comfort Ocran set to inspire thousands on Y Triangle

Next Post
Albert and Comfort Ocran set to inspire thousands on Y Triangle

Albert and Comfort Ocran set to inspire thousands on Y Triangle

Search

No Result
View All Result

Listen Live

Happy Kaseɛbɔ 600AM news bulletin
Happy Kaseɛbɔ 600AM news bulletin

BBC Match of the Day Africa

Happy Ghana

Recent News

  • Education Ministry debunks fixed aggregate SHS placement claim
  • 2025–26 Champions League Draw: Ranking Every Club’s Schedule
  • 2026 FIFA WCQ: Thomas Partey will be available for games against Chad and Mali-GFA
  • About
  • advertise
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us

© 2025 Happy FM – Powered by Ghana’s leading radio network. Designed with passion by Global Media Alliance.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
    • International Sports
    • Afcon2017
    • Afcon2019
    • Corporate Knockout
    • U17 World Cup
    • World Cup 2018
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Bizarre
  • Feature
  • More
    • Technology
    • Opinion
    • Lifestyle
  • Listen Live

© 2025 Happy FM – Powered by Ghana’s leading radio network. Designed with passion by Global Media Alliance.